domingo, 22 de noviembre de 2009

Fez - Part 2

Our next stop was a rug co-op. 1,300 women own the co-op and sell their handmade rugs. How beautiful, and I mean absolutely beautiful. Every color you could imagine. But my salesman was a little much. Absolutely trying to bully me into buying a rug. The salesman here were overwhelming, and it turns out I can't bargain at all. Especially with people in the streets - I figured they have a lot less than I do, so who I am to ask for a cheaper price...I guess I had to much of a consience.

Thousands of rugs here.


Our next stop was a clothing and fabric store. There were a bunch of looms where men were making blankets. And I got to help make one! I was soo excited! The man showed me how to use the peddles and pull the thread through, and then it was my turn! The store had tons of scarves, blankets, tunics, and more. It was really pretty incredible.



Then it was time for lunch. Great food - it was nice to have a little spice for once because Spainards don't use a lot of spices. The food was very different from Spain, and really the US too. We had cous-cous, with vegetables and a type of bread that I can really explain, but it was very good.


After lunch we went to a ceramics factory and store. We were able to see people making all this pottery by hand. It was really pretty incredible. They are so talented, and the things they make are so perfect and intricate. We don't spend that much time of products in the US.

I wanted this table so badly that I had a hard time leaving it. It needs to be in my kitchen.

He was making bowls, and it was amazing to watch his do it with such ease. He would laugh as our entire group of Americans would ooo and aaahhh in appreciation.


All handmade.

Once again all handmade and painted. I could have easily bought half of this store.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario