miércoles, 7 de octubre de 2009

Flamenco











While my family was here, we went to see a flamenco show in las cuevas (caves) de Sacromonte. These caves are where gypsies used to live and used to dance the flamenco. Now...weirdly enough...I guess hippies live there too, but that's beside the point. It is a beautiful dance with lots of graceful, but defined movements. It's also very serious; there isn't a lot of smiling while the performers are dancing. They dance with a lot of emotion. I loved it. I loved to watch it and to listen to the music. The singer had an amazing voice and the music is very unique, often with a lot of clapping to the rhythm of the dancers feet. The footwork of this dance is amazing and often very fast. I have decided that I enjoy this old Spanish tradition so much more than the Corrida del Toros. I have found a place to take Flamenco lessons, and I am excited to start. We will see how I do because grace is not one of my my strong points.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario