viernes, 9 de octubre de 2009

Nerja

My favorite beach that we went too. Well maybe, they were all beautiful.

There were tons of these boats on the beaches, and I loved them!


Nerja.


And Nerja again.



When my mom and my sisters were here, we spent a few days in Granada and then the weekend in Nerja - a beautiful town on the Mediterranean coast. The beaches look a lot like the beaches on Pirates of the Caribbean - many bluffs with beaches in between. We spent most of our time at the beach. We did do a little swimming, but because there had been storms recently, the water was absolutely freezing! They said that in a few days, it would be warm again. The water had so much sat in it that you didn't have to swim at all if you didn't want you; you could be completely still in a sitting postion and not sink. It was a weird feeling.

When we weren't at the beach, we were walking around looking at shops or eating at restaurants with a sea view. Our first day, we ate at a restaurant right on the beach called Ayo's - all you can eat fresh Paella. Paella is one of my favorite dishes here - it is a mix of rice and seafood and originated in around Valencia. Soo good.

There were many British people here, and most people in restaurants and shops spoke English because of that, which was great for my family, but I was out of practice by the time I returned to Granada. I guess Nerja is a big vacation zone for British. And rightly so, it was a beautiful place, and we had a great, relaxing time.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario